2 April 2012

LUSH: Seanik Shampoo Bar





If you follow me on twitter you might know that I went into my local LUSH the other day and managed to muster up some self control and only buy two things! One of those things was this little blue thing! It's their Seanik Shampoo Bar! This is my first shampoo bar, and I gave it  test run yesterday and I love it so much! Why oh why did I not try these sooner!?

This particular bar contains Sea Salt and Seaweed so it is best suited to oily limp hair I'd say which is pretty much my hair type. I usually go about 3 days between hair washes which isn't too bad but my hair does lean more towards the oily side than the normal side I'd say.

There isn't a great deal of scent to this whether you are smelling it in the tin of on your hair but the closest I can describe it is would be sea air which is a gorgeous light, fresh scent which I love so much! It is summer in shampoo bar form for me!

I think what put me off about these at first was the bar form. For some reason I just didn't expect them to lather very well which doesn't actually determine whether the product is cleaning your hair but it is something I look for in a shampoo nevertheless. I can 100% confirm that this little beauty does in fact lathers amazingly well! I have quite long, think but fine hair so it takes a bit of product to get it clean but I had no problems whatsoever getting this to lather. I would even go as far to say that it was easier to use that regular bottled shampoo because you can distribute the product more easily compared to liquid shampoo by rubbing the bar directly on any part you think you may have missed.

After using this my hair was so so soft! I cannot stress this enough, I have never used a shampoo that has made my hair this soft before! Not only that but it was noticeably more voluminous! Automatic win for me because my hair is pretty limp! I have tried numerous volumising hair products and none have worked this well, not even my beloved Bed Head Superstar, which I have just purchased a salon sized bottle, typical! Although having said that I do really love both shampoos and will most likely be alternating between the two.

This bar cost £5 which is pretty good I think as I can see this lasting rather a while! So that's my little first impressions review of the Seanik Shampoo Bar! I will most definitely be buying a few more bars I should think! Damn my LUSH obsession! Any one else noticed that when you shop in store they always say "see you soon"? It's like they KNOW! Haha!

What's your favourite shampoo bar?



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was so suprised at how good it is!! x

      Delete
  2. ohhh my boyfriend uses these bars and loves them. I have a sample peice i'm yet to try but it looks great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it! They're brilliant! Want to try Godiva next! x

      Delete
  3. I've never thought about using a bar before...but it does sound fun! Think I will be popping into Lush on the way to work tomorrow!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I just posted this morning about Percy & Reed conditioner which you might like (my hair sounds a lot like yours!)as my hair was a lot more manageable after using it, it was free with Glamour magazine!! http://ljsfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Seanik bar! I have hair much like yours and it is magical <3. I also like the Ultimate Shine bar although I think Seanik is now my favourite ;). Love your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Seanik shampoo bar! It works wonders for my hair which sounds a lot like your hair type :). I also love the Ultimate Shine bar but I think Seanik is my new favourite ;). x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooops posted a comment twice -____-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your web page perfect for my wants. It is made up of superb and useful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing these ideas.Its great to read some submit about this nowadays.

    ReplyDelete