8 April 2012

Review: L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick in Fashionista Pink


After the massive hype going on in the blogging world about these little lipsticks I finally caved and bought one in Boots the other day. I had seen people compare them to the Revlon Lip Butters and as you probably know by now, I love the Revlon Lip Butters so it was that which made me buy this really!

The colour is called Fashionista Pink which is a beautiful barely there milky pink which looks lovely swatched on the back of my hand but I was pretty disappointed with the look it gave to my lips. These aren't meant to be very pigmented but it still just didn't look right on my lips. The texture is somewhat similar to the MUA Shade 4 lipstick with it's watery feeling but just not as nice as the MUA one which at 7 times the price, I wasn't expecting.

The shape of the product is quite nice in terms of application but I feel you aren't really getting much product for your money but having said that, the lipstick itself is quite hard she it's not going to go down as fast as other, softer products but it makes it not as nice to apply.

The packaging is nice, it feels nicely weighted and sturdy which I love and the product is easily twisted up and I can't fault it at all but I really don't think it lives up to the hype for me. I will try a couple more shades and perhaps they will change my views but for this shade, I'm not overly impressed but maybe it'll grow on me!

Have you tried these lipsticks? What shades would you recommend I try?



1 comment: