19 April 2012

Review: Topshop Sunbeam - The Pefect Summer Highlight?


I had been lusting over this for a ridiculous amount of time before I finally caved and bought it the other week. It cost me a hefty £13 with delivery from Topshop online which made it pretty pricey for a highlighter but it's such an amazing colour I just had to get it.

It's the most beautiful golden shimmer, not too shimmery, not too gold, just perfect although I will say that it is quite easy to apply too much as this stuff is very pigmented.

I only use this on my cheekbones as a highlight along with my Collection 2000 Shimmer & Shade which i then use to highlight the rest of my face (brow bones, down my nose and a tiny bit on my chin) because this is a bit too golden for an all over face highlight for me. Perhaps when I'm more tanned I can get away with using it other places but for now I feel it looks nicest on my cheekbones.

It gives me a lovely golden sun kissed glow to my cheeks which is lovely as I'm not usually one for bronzer because I am quite pale so finding one that is right for my skin tone isn't very easy but this gives me a golden glow without making my skin look tanned, just lovely and glowy.

 The packaging is also super cute with little doodled stars over the lid in what looks like it was drawn with charcoal pencil, so sweet! The rest of the packaging is an off white smooth matt finish which is nice and looks lovely on my shelf!


4 comments:

  1. Ahh, this is such a gorgeous highlight. I've swatched it before but I'm still not sure it will be well suited to my skintone. You take some really lovely photos for your blog btw. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's suit most skintones if you apply the right amount :) x

      Delete
  2. I REALLY want this highlight! I've been obsessing over it for way too long now!

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete