7 May 2012

Dupe: MAC Hue


Now this isn't an exact dupe but it's too close not to share! As you can see from the swatches on my hand above they look quite different but on the lips they are nearly identical. Bare is ever so slightly darker than Hue and the lip swatches are in different light so that is making them look more different than they actually are. In real life, it'd be quite hard to tell them apart.

Now obviously with the MAC lipstick being 13 times the price of the MUA one, it's nicer in terms of smell, quality and packaging design but the MUA one at a pound is flipping great!

The only real differences in terms of appearance is that the MUA lipstick is more of a flat colour where as MAC Hue is a glaze so has an ever so slight shimmer making the colour have more dimension. Having said this the MUA Bare has got a glossy sheen to it but as it contains no shimmer the body to the colour isn't as nice as Hue but that's just me being very very picky!

I've got a few other dupes I've found in the process of sorting out all of my lipsticks which I'm thinking of showing in just one post rather than a bunch of separate ones, what do you think?



18 comments:

  1. This looks great it's similar enough for me :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MAC hue, they do look really similar on the lips! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, such a lovely lipstick. Bare is lovely too! x

      Delete
  3. Such a great post! Thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found your blog an youtube account!! I've only watched a couple of videos/ read posts so far but I'm absolutely loving it!! i can't wait to look at the rest!!
    i love make hue too will have to check MUA lippy out!! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So glad you are enjoying reading/watching :) x

      Delete
  5. great blog! going to check out the muz lippy, been looking for cheap hue dupe for ages! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing more dupes would be fab (: this is pretty close, think i prefer the look of the MUA to the MAC.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will get right on it! :) It is a lot more glossy that the MAC. Feels less heavy too. x

      Delete
  7. these look so similar, nice dupe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Hue lipstick. It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Such a perfect shade! x

      Delete
  9. This is not a shade for my colouring, but it looks really nice on your skintone!!

    New follower :)


    Courtney xox

    http://www.strawberreeswing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for showing the dupe. I love MUA lipsticks for the price and I will definitely pick this one up.

    I did a MUA lipstick collection on raspberrylipstick.blogspot.com if you fancy checking it out :)

    ReplyDelete