3 May 2012

Review: OPI Nail Envy - Matte


I've abused my nails in the past with acrylics, I didn't really let them have a break and my nails were suffering to say the least! They were peeling like made and any polish I put on peeled off within a day so I kept going back to acrylics and the vicious circle goes on but a couple of months ago now I said goodbye to falsies for good and let my nails have a good air. They split and broke so easily so in desperation I trawled blog after blog and came across this little beauty several times so bit the bullet and purchased it!

I've been using this for over a month now and at first I didn't notice a great deal of difference to my nails but loved it as a base for my regular polish and continued using it anyway. Now a month along the line I have nails! They're noticeably stronger, look healthier than they did before I used acrylics and just generally look like nails and not horrible flaky grossness that they were only a month ago!

I am obviously aware that nails grow so that will have contributed to the overall improvement on their condition but also I really feel Nail Envy helped a massive amount! Before I used this my nails would break at the slightest pressure and baby car seats for example are not a nails best friend so most days I ended up with broken, short nails but when I was wearing this I did notice the difference in the strength of my nail and it helped my nails stop peeling further.

I do still have little bits on the ends of my nail that are still made of the acrylic damaged bits but they haven't split up into the new, healthy nail thanks to this polish.

I have the matte version purely because it was the first one I could get my paws on and I think it was cheaper too so it worked out great! It's not completely matte, it has a sheen of a natural nail which I personally prefer, especially when I'm applying coloured polish over the top I just think the finish makes the polish apply better. This is getting quite a touch longer than I first anticipated so I will wrap things up now! So that condensed - If you have weak, flaky abused nails, buy this. It's brilliant.



5 comments:

  1. I've always wondewred about trying this! It looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Didnt think much of it at first but I can see such a massive difference now! Love it! x

      Delete
  2. I think I'll get some of this, I've seen it on a few blogs now. My nails are awful at the moment from too much nail polish! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, i need this! my nails are terrible xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great blog post! am going to buy this right now! xx

    ReplyDelete