10 May 2012

Review: Real Techniques Setting Brush



I bought this on a whim the other day, not knowing really what to expect because I haven't actually read any reviews on this brush!

It's another Real Techniques brush, I am seriously in love with the brushes I have had and my eye on the Core Collection for ages! This brush is their Setting Brush which is a new addition to their collection and the idea behind it is for applying highlighter and other powders in a more controlled way and I have to agree with that!

I have been using their Blush Brush for my highlighter which does the job but sometimes I feel it's a little too large and I've been pinching it to create more control over the application and that is where this beauty comes in! I am never going back to using big brushes for my highlighter! The brush itself is tapered, similar to the Blush Brush only smaller! It gives such a great level of control over my highlighting step, it is so much easier to place the powder on the areas I want to highlight rather than ending up with it all over my face! The base isn't widened like the other, large brushes I have from their collection so it fits a lot better in my brush pot.

Since using this brush my face make up has looked a whole lot better! More polished and defined with less product being used for highlighting so there is a huge list of pros for switching to this brush!

I was quite surprised at how small the brush was compared to others I have used for highlighting but now I can really see the logic behind it! I absolutely love this brush and for £6.99 it's a lot more affordable than others on the market!



6 comments:

  1. I've been using the contour brush from the core collection to use highlight, but this looks good :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want the contour brush! It looks great! The setting brush is great too! You have so much control with it! x

      Delete
  2. honestly your blog is so cute! I love the design xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea! I just purchased this brush not to long ago but have yet to use it because I wasn't sure what exactly I'd use it for. I really love all of the Real Technique brushes, but I'd say my top two used are the Blush Brush and Expert Face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I adore the Blush Brush! :) x

      Delete